We are now accepting late applications for the Training. Those who start late will have to make up the missed portions of the training before graduation. For more information, contact Sandra (email@example.com)
The steps in applying
There are a few steps in applying. You will need to (1) collect two letters of reference; (2) complete the application form; and (3) send in your Application fee:
1. Read the directions and the Entry Requirements (including fees and cancelling your application), located at the bottom of this page.
2. Collect two letters of reference, preferably one from a Feldenkrais practitioner with whom you have worked. E-mail the two letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Complete the online form with your personal information and thoughts about the training. Click here.
4. Send your $100 application fee (see Payment Options)
5. Send us a recent photo.
6. When we receive your fee, the letters of reference and your application, we will send you a confirmation email.
7. We will send you a Letter of Acceptance as soon as possible.
8. Your letter of acceptance will state that you have three weeks to sign the enclosed Enrollment Agreement and make a $500 deposit to keep your position. This deposit will be credited toward the first tuition payment.
If at any time you have questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com
Common Questions about Applying
Q: One of my sources is asking about general guidelines for the recommendation she is to write.
A: The recommendation should say a little bit about their connection with you, what you will contribute as a member of the training, and anything else that is significant. The letters give us an opportunity to get to know you before the start of the training.
Q: Do you require the letters by mail or would email be ok?
A: We prefer the letters to come by email.
Q: Does it make a difference if I apply soon or closer to the beginning of the program?
A: You will find that sooner is better. Once you are fully registered in the training you can immediately start to participate in our pre-training study group. It is an amazing way to get a head start in preparation for the start of the training.
These fees, in Canadian Dollars, become part of your first year’s tuition fees upon acceptance.
Pay by Cheque
Please make the cheque payable to Learning Matters Ltd.
Gisele St. Hilaire
3450 St. Mary's Rd. Winnipeg, MB. R2N 4E2
Payments outside Canada
Payments from outside Canada may be made via a global money transfer or interbank money transfer with this information. Write to Gisele@kelownafeldenkraistraining.ca for details.
Our entry Requirements, including Fees and Cancellations
Applicants to the Kelowna Feldenkrais Teacher Training Program must be 19 years of age or over. Prior experience with the Feldenkrais Method, individual lessons, group classes, and readings are preferred but interest and maturity are essential. Applicants will have attained the maturity and focus in life that will be a suitable foundation for entry into the Kelowna training program.
Diversity of backgrounds of the training participants contributes greatly to the training experience and we encourage applicants from a wide variety of professions, occupations, and fields of endeavour. Many will blend the Feldenkrais Method with their field of expertise, while others will use this training to begin a new professional life. Applicants shall be accepted into the training without regard to their race, gender, religion, physical limitations, age, or sexual orientation. Applicants must be committed to completing all segments of the training. Neither the student nor The Kelowna Feldenkrais Teacher Training Program may waive any of the program admission requirements.
LETTERS OF REFERENCE
Two letters of reference are required, preferably one from a Feldenkrais practitioner with whom you have worked.
The Application Fee is $100 in Canadian Funds or equivalent in other currencies. This fee is non-refundable and becomes part of your first year’s tuition fees upon acceptance.
$500 deposit (in Canadian Funds or equivalent) is to be paid within three weeks of acceptance. This deposit ensures the trainee’s place in the training and, with the application fee, will be credited toward the first tuition payment.